Scroll over the thumbs above to view our shed installation steps
Shed Installation Steps
1) Most Reeds Ferry Sheds are assembled on site. Delivery and Installation is included in the price. Our installation teams are highly experienced and our delivery trucks are specifically designed for shed installations. Simply approve the location of your new shed and watch our installation crew go to work. We are in-and-out with no disruption.
2) A properly prepared base is important. On this installation the homeowner installed a 3/4" crushed stone base. Notice how they used the stone to help compensate for the difference in grade. For site-preparation tips click the link below the photo. If you need assistance consult with your Reeds Ferry service technician to discuss the best site preparation option for your building.
3) Reeds floor is constructed on site. The 2x6 pressure treated floor joist are spaced 16" on center and topped with 3/4" exterior grade plywood. For added strength, buildings wider than 8' have a double 2x6 beam that runs the length of the building. This floor system is the best in the industry. Reeds floor construction is a major point of comparison with sheds sold by home improvement store retailers.
4) The walls are set into place. Each wall is constructed on hydraulic jigs at our manufacturing facility to ensure 100% accuracy to square.
5) When a Reeds Ferry building leaves our facility the doors, windows, and hardware are already framed, trimmed and installed.
6) Every Reeds Ferry building is constructed with 2x4 spruce framing 16" on center. Our wall construction is another major point of comparison with the sheds found at home improvement stores. To save on cost they use smaller 2x3 studs and frame them farther apart at 24 inches.
7) Now that the walls are standing, the end trusses are installed. Note the aluminum ventilation louvers which are standard in all Reeds Ferry end walls.
8) Reeds Ferry uses high quality machine pressed 2x6 roof trusses spaced 16" on center. Our roof is engineered to withstand snow loads of 110 lbs psf, better than the most stringent building code requirement in New England.
9) 1/2" CDX roof sheathing is installed and topped with a high quality 25 year shingle in 8 standard colors. We also offer a 30 year architectural shingle in 8 standard colors. (Custom color options are available) Note the aluminum drip edge is installed on the front and rear of the roof. In addition, we run drip edge up the sides of the roof. This feature ensures a long lasting, weather tight roof
10) The finished Reeds Ferry Shed. Completed in under three hours, this brand new 10x14 vinyl sided Country Carriage will provide a lifetime of use. Delivery and installation is included in all Reeds Ferry pricing.